Tuesday, December 1, 2009

GIL IS HOME!!

Gil is home from Afghanistan. He has been home for a month now and it is such a wonderful feeling to know that he is safe and at home with Amanda and Kai.

For the last six months I have prayed more than I ever have before. Before Gil left, I was walking in the woods with Hattie one day and I got this feeling all of a sudden that Gil was going to come home safely. I am not the most religious person and I don't know if it was God speaking to me, or maybe just mother nature out there in the woods, but it really was a comfort to me and of course I told Amanda about it. As a mom, you just want to keep your children happy and safe. I knew Amanda was going to be going through a lot of emotions while Gil was gone and I thought this may give her some comfort. I don't know if it helped, but she held it together while he was gone and I am so proud of her. She will make a great military wife.

Of course I am also so proud of Gil. I can never imagine what he has had to endure, but he has done it well and he should be very proud of himself. I love my children so much and it is so nice to now have Gil to love also. He is such a great guy and he is wonderful for and to Amanda.

I love Bob and Amanda so much and it is so nice to now share that love with Gil and Lee. I love our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment