Sunday, January 24, 2010

Five Long Months

Mark left early yesterday morning for five long months in Stuttgart, Germany. BUMMER! He was chosen to work on this project because he is a Special Forces soldier. Which is nice, BUT that means he is away from home for so long. And one month of this project he will be in Africa and not the part of Africa that anyone really wants to go to. He will be in Burkina Faso. Don't think I will be visiting him there.

Now I know some people would love to have a chance to do something like this and as much as Mark would rather be at home, he will do a great job because he always does his best. We lived in Germany for three years and Mark  travels to Stuttgart several times a year, so that is part of the reason he is not that excited to be there. Too bad this trip could not have taken place somewhere like Australia. Now that would be great. But, that is not going to happen, so we will deal with it.

I will probably have the opportunity to go visit Mark for a week or so, but we are still talking about it. While we will really miss each other, I am not sure if I really want to go. I would have to leave Hattie behind, which I hate doing, and also, I would miss work. So, what to do. Not sure yet.

Mark and I have been apart before, after all he was in the military for 21 years. But, I did not think we would be doing this at this point in our marriage. As the years go by, we enjoy each other more and more. We do not like being apart. With Bob and Amanda now out of the house, it is just the two of us and we are each others best friend. We just like being with each other.

Well, that is enough venting. We will get through this just fine.

Here is a photo of my man...Sure do love him!


No comments:

Post a Comment