Wednesday, March 17, 2010

THE Phone Call!

It is February 23, 2010 and it is the night before Mark is to leave for his five month work trip to Stuttgart. Mark and I are sound asleep and the phone rings at 1:30 in the morning. Mark answers it and I can hear that it is Amanda. As soon as I hear her voice I know what she is going to say.

Amanda: "Gil and I wanted to call and tell you that we are 98% sure that I am pregnant."

Mark: "Why only 98% sure."

Amanda: "Because we have only done a home pregnancy test.

It was one of the most wonderful phone calls we have ever gotten.

Amanda and Gil knew that Mark was getting up early to leave for the airport at 4:30. Gil suggested that they call because that would be the only time that Mark and I would be together to get the news. He is a very thoughtful son-in-law!

So, we both talked with Amanda and Gil and then hung up the phone. Now what... we just laid there in the dark and didn't say a word, but you could FEEL the energy and excitement in the air. We both had tears in our eyes. Needless to say, we ended up talking for a long time about becoming Grandparents, about our little girl becoming a Mommy, about going to Hawaii when the baby is born, and on and on and on.

I had no idea that it would be so emotional. But, it was and it was great!

Finally I told Mark he has to get some sleep because he has to get up so early. We tried but it didn't work too well. Mark eventually got up and got ready to leave, and once we said our goodbyes, I was able to get a little more sleep.

The next few days, that was all we could think about.

So, now we have a little baby to look forward to meeting come September/October. I can't wait. This is going to be so much fun!!!!

It is going to be a great year for the Terry and Desroches households!

Here is the little peanut at about 11 weeks old.

No comments:

Post a Comment