Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sewing for baby Aubrie


I have been having a lot of fun sewing for little Aubrie. These are a few bibs I made. They are made out of a really soft flannel, except for the middle one. That is left over fabric that I made my shower curtain out of. 


 Then I added an "A" with rick-rack and used a cute stitch for the edge. 

I have not done a lot of sewing for years, but let me tell you, this baby has awakened a need in me to hit the fabric store. There is so much cute fabric out there. 

Here are a few more things I have made:



Burp Cloths


These are changing pads. They are flannel on the top, the middle has a soft bamboo batting and the bottom is a water proof nylon to stop leaks. 



Then I made a big blanket for Aubrie to use on the floor. It is flannel on top, bamboo batting in the middle and soft minky on the bottom. Maybe Kai will like this one.  I also made a few wash cloths out of the left over fabric. They turned out really cute.


This one is just left over fabric and is a small blanket with flannel on one side and minky on the other. This is an easy one for Aubrie to carry around with her if she wants. 


Then, every new Mommy needs to look pretty and be comfy at the hospital, so I made Amanda a robe. Love the soft yellow fabric.


This has been a lot of fun. I still have to make the bumper pads and then I think I am done. Not sure I want to be, though. I am looking forward to making Aubrie some clothes some day.

3 comments:

  1. It all looks even cuter in the pictures! I can't wait to use it all! Won't be to much longer now! Well if you consider 3 months a short period of time...Thanks again, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You've been busy! It is all so cute and perfect for a new, sweet little girl. I love the robe fabric choice too. Check out Amy Butler's "Little Stitches for Little Ones" and Anna Maria's "Handmade Beginnings" for more great projects. Both of them have a couple cute clothing and bootie patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh you are so talented! When the time comes for me, I want to place orders with you! Too precious ; )

    ReplyDelete